The Holiday Project is an effort to bring joy to families during the holiday season. Angela’s House looks for donations that will help to brighten the lives of families with medically frail children. It is important that families feel the support of their community behind them and that they are not alone.
During the month of December, we have our staff deliver gifts, toys and packages to families.
These packages are full of fun foods and treats.
How You Can Help
This project starts early in the fall before the holidays . We look to have things ready to put together during the Thanksgiving weekend. This gives our staff the opportunity to deliver this joy throughout the month of December.
The packages we deliver put together will have an assortment of items in them. Any financial donations will be used to support this program.
We look for specific things to add to each bag . The best items to include are:
- Small new stuffed animals.
- Small bags of chips, popcorn
- Store gift cards.
- Small bags of candy or treats.
- New books
- Small toys that can fit in a gift bag
Other handcrafted items we need are :
- Holiday Cards: we look to have children make cards that we can add to each package that is made.
- Holiday Trinkets: we look to have children make small crafts that we can add to each Package. These items may include a non-religious ornament size decoration.
We work with some families that cannot buy gifts due to financial reasons . We like to give gift cards to these families to brighten their holiday. We feel this magical gift will brighten the holidays for a family in needy family.
Contact: 631 979 2620 – volunteer