Mission: To identify families caring for their children who may have a severe disability or medical condition so that we may help them obtain supportive services to improve the quality of life for the children and their family
Annual Report 2007
We had another successful year with our mission of identifying new children in our community and helping them obtain the extensive array of service needed to support them. The highlights and projects we are working on include:
– We helped 168 children in the Care at Home Program. This program allows our nurses to visit each child’s home in the community and offer assistance and support for the family caring for their child at home. Medicaid rate for care at home increased in the 4th quarter. This allows us to fully fund our nurse case managers that visit families.
– We helped 172 children with our Family Support Service Program. This program helps with service coordination, respite and reimbursement for items that cannot be paid for by other resources. Donations are used to fund equipment and to make homes more accessible. We were approved mid year for more grant money to help more families
– We offer financial support to our two Angela’s House through grants and fund raised money to purchase equipment and items that cannot be funded through other means.
– Plans continue with Angela’s House III in Stony Brook. Plans continue with other future development including a respite home for medically frail children in Hauppauge. This respite home will offer short term stays
The following is an overview of ATDC / Angela’s House income and expenses for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2007
Total Support & Revenue: $1,708,435
Care at Home $911,172
Family Support Service program $302,351
Management & General Expenses: $128,532
Fundraising expenses: * $88,882
Total Expenses: $1,940,749
Total Assets: $1,940,749
Total Liabilities: $122,099
Net Asset Balance: $1,818,650
* Fundraising activities and events continue to be managed by non-compensated volunteer staff. Fundraising expenses includes items such as the cost of paying a golf course to have a fundraiser, the cost of a hall to have a Dinner, cost of invitations, signs and postage.
Board of Directors:
Konrad Kuhn, President Edna Aiello Dr. Frank Oliveto
Bruce K. Fuhrmann, Treasurer Robert DelVecchio Paul V. Pontieri
Fred A. Heruth, Secretary Hon. Eugene Gerrard Raymond C. Radigan
Dr. Joseph R. Morris Bernadette Zimmermann Tom Owens
Executive Director: Bob Policastro
ATDC / Angela’s House is a tax exempt under section 501 C 3 of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.